Monday, January 30, 2012

Acupuncture for kids....

My son is a little restless.  He is always moving, his mind is always working, and he has a hard time settling down.  When channeled these are wonderful traits, when unleashed there are some circles of thought who would medicate him!  I am helping him channel his behavior, and it is not always easy.  I have always been interested in Traditional Chinese Medicine.  I have seen it put women into labor, turn malpositioned babies,and deliver placentas.  So when Ethan was really having trouble sleeping, having headaches, and night sweats, I talked to him about trying it out.  My mom had recently gone for a session and found it incredibly relaxing.  Ethan was very excited, and was looking forward to it.  We made an appointment with Cynthia, and after a complete health and nutritional screening we were ready.  Ethan has a fear of needles so we had move slow.  Cynthia is so calm and patient that Ethan was soon at ease!  When she inserted to first needle he did not even feel it.  After the first treatment  he passed out asleep in the car!!!  His teachers noticed, he was so calm.  I am a believer!!! He has not had a headache since his first treatment, he has been having a hard time falling asleep again, so we will soon be going back for another treatment.  I also want to work on his lungs to wean him off of his asthma meds (with our doctors ok).  Anyone in the Chicago area interested in Traditional Chinese Medicine check out Cynthia Love by clicking here!  Enjoy some pictures!!  Of course I would love to answer any questions that I can!



No comments:

Post a Comment